Saturday

Day 10

 Batopilas is at the bottom of the Copper Canyon. After a seven hour drive (on a road even I cannot describe) everyone was tired, but eager to continue our adventure. Dinner was great. 
 





 
The next day, we visited the Catholic Girls School and the town square before continuing up the mountain to the Lost Mission, built in the 17th Century. 









To me, the highlight was visiting a Tarahumera Family. Everyone from the beginning of the trip has made us welcome. Everyone seems content and happy with their life. So little, but so much. Giving out candy to the children and Ken bringing out a musical clown for a new baby was a treat for all. 




 On our last night we were treated with musicians. A GREAT time. I wish I could share all my pictures. I wish you could see the beautiful silver town with such a rich history. A good decision to be here.















Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment